Sunday, June 1, 2014

Vegan Lentil - Rice Salad to go


I am always looking for some treats for lunch time at the office. Looking in my cupboard I found a lentil tin... Some rice from Lotao... In my fridge some tomatoes and cucumber... In the windowbox fresh peppermint and basil..... So what do one need more for some delicious salad to go ....?

You need:
- 1 tin lentils (310 g net weight)
- 1 cup rice (I used Rising sun Rice from the brand Lotao)
- 2 tbsp. Rising sun elixir from Lotao
- 250 g small tomatoes, cut in slices
- 250 g cucumber, cut in small slices
- 1/2 onion, cut in thin slices
- Some leaves fresh peppermint and basil, cut in slices (it's easy with a scissor..)
Some salt to season


To prepare:
1. Cook the rice with 1 1/2 cup water for about 20 minutes. When cooked, wait 5 minutes before adding the Elixir.
2. In a big bowl mix together all the ingredients and season with some salt.

Using ripe and fresh ingredients I did'nt need any further seasoning.
I am sure that the recipe is also perfect with some normal rice... May be that it would be necessary to season here a little bit more .. With some lemon juice for example..


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...