Recipes for Take away treats are not so easy to find as it is not so easy to prepare things in advance and be sure that it will taste fine the next day..... In the morning I am to busy and also not enough awake ;) to prepare a dish for taking to the Office .... This salad is easy, perfect to prepare and deliccious!
You need (for 2 pers):
- 1 tin Chickpeas, ready to use (275 g Net Weight)
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil + 1 tsp. smoked sweet Paprika powder (Pimenton de la Vera for ex.) + a pinch Berbere + 1/4 tsp. Zataar.
- Mixed Green Salad
- 6 tbsp. Soy Yoghurt + 2 tbsp. Olive oil + 1 tbsp. white wine Vinegar + 1 tsp. Mustard for the salad Dressing + salt and pepper
1. In a pan heat up 1 tbsp. Olive oil and roast for a short moment Paprika, Berbere and Zaatar before adding the drained chickpeas. Stir all the Ingrediens and continue roasting for about 4 minutes until all the Chickpeas are well covered by the spices.
2. Meanwhile put all the ingredients for the salad Sauce in a small jar that you can cover with a good fitting lid and shake well until all is well combined. Reserve in the fridge until You intend to eat your salad as I recommend to pour the Dressing over the salad some minutes before you eat.
3. Cut the Avocado in slices and drizzle some lemon juice over to avoid that the Avocado turns brown.
4. In a take away dish put your salad and the Avocado and Reserve in the Fridge until serving.
5. After cooling down, put the roasted Chickpeas in a glass and reserve also until you intend to savour your salad. This Way the Chickpeas will stay crunchy.
6. So you have to take with you the salad, the Dressing and the Chickpeas and to adjust your meal reiht before you intend to have your Lunch or Dinner or whatever..... I pour the Dressing over the green salad, mix it well, then lay the Avocado on the salad and finish with the roasted Chickpeas.