Springtime... Everywhere one can find the first fresh fruits, vegetables.... Your jogging shoes are looking at you and saying "when will be used again?"
And of course beneath the willingness to make more sport you decide also to eat more vegetables, more healthy,.... This Vegetable-Potatoe Casserole is easy to made, can be varied in many ways, is also adaptable for vegan (you've simply to omit the cheese) and is so tasty!
You need (per Person):
- 1 big potatoe cut in medium thick slices (don not peel the potatoes)
- 1 small zucchini cut in slices
- 1 onion cut in rings
- 1 - 2 Tomatoes cut in not to thin slices
- 1 garlic glove, roughly cut in cubes
- Some fresh thyme
- 3 - 4 bay leaves
- 30 g Feta cheese
- 50 ml vegetable stock
- salt and pepper as well as some olive oil
- if you want some sesam seeds or black onion seeds
1. Wash the vegetables and cut them in slices, prepare the garlic and the onion
2. Preheat the oven to 200 C
3. Grease with some olive oil a baking dish
4. Put the vegetables and the bay leaves in rows in the baking dish, season with some salt and pepper, pour the vegetable stock over the vegetables, sparkle some seeds all over and to finish drizzle all over some olive oil and some fresh thyme
5. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, then add the feta cheese and bake for further 10 minutes.
6. After 40 minutes control with a fork if the potatoes are ready or if you have to add some minutes more baking time ( depending on the thickness of the potatoe slices you have to adjust the baking time ; could be a little bit shorter or a little bit longer)
ATTENTION: right out of the oven th dish is very hot! Serve with some baguette (fresh or roasted) and for those who need some meat... this veggies are perfect with some grilled steak or whatever you like !